Saturday, November 23, 2013

"You must conquer yourself before you can conquer anything else. You must know yourself before you can properly know anyone else. You must love yourself before you love anyone else".
-BuddhaBlog


I am a women with ambition and drive, I am always doing something that is going to make me better and successful. I've been this way for a few years now and I've realized recently that I need to take time to appreciate myself. Yes, I said myself. Some would call that selfish, but if you know me at all and if you've read previous posts you would know that i'm a selfless person. My main focus is on everyone else and the world around me because seeing happiness from others is so beautiful to me.

Mother Theresa once said "spread love everywhere you go, let no one ever come to you without leaving happier". I live by this.. I live by this quote because my heart feels for each and everyone one of you. I would give the shirt off my back for someone who needed it more.

But lately I've realized that at least some points of my life should be about me.. In order for me to conquer the production world I must conquer myself and who I truly want to be. In order for me to get to know anyone I need to know myself, I need to know who Danielle is. And in order for me to love properly I need to love myself.

Confidence is key, yet so rare within myself. I'm to busy focusing on making others happy that I've realized that I haven't been happy... So I've decided to work on myself. It's honestly different and weird and difficult and it hurts a little, but in order for me to better the world I need to better myself.

I'll always be selfless, but if it takes a lot in me just to be selfish for once.. then I guess I must be doing something right. I've made a few big changes and I'm scared, I'll admit that. But there's something in me that's keeping me strong and I hope you all can stay strong throughout any hardship in your life because you are all strong; even if you don't know it yet. 

Trust me, this is hard. But in the end it'll all be okay and worth it. Have faith in yourself





No comments:

Post a Comment