Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Aspire to Inspire

"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for the people that hear them. They should be influenced by them for good" - Buddha


Lately I feel like I haven't been able to motivate others. I live to motivate and to inspire everyone around me whether i know them or not...
As you know from my about me post, I play softball for St. Thomas University in Miami, FL.
Ever since i was a little girl i enjoyed playing sports; I had 4 brothers and a dad who was in love with football so sports were instilled in me since i was born. I tried ballet along with every other girl when they were younger i'm sure, but that just wasn't for me.

I developed a love for softball in middle school. I made the Varsity team as a 12 year old 6th grader but i stayed on JV for my friends who didn't make the team. That's what i tended to always do, I never thought about myself, only about everyone else, even if it brought me down. I realized my freshman year of college that i didn't love softball anymore. I didn't have that desire for it that i used to have and i wasn't sure why. I live every day to better myself and to better the ones around me and for me to have worked so hard for years gaining a knowledge for the sport and for me to work so hard to develop a skill for the sport and for all the love to just disinigrate into thin air right before my eyes... it hurt.  

After a few weeks of confusion I realized that my love for the sport may have been gone, but my love for a team worth fighting for would be imprinted in my heart forever. I questioned whether or not i should continue playing, but when i realized that the love was still there and that it was for the team and the motivation; I knew that quitting wasn't an option; quitting is never an option. 

From then on I wasn't playing because I eat, sleep and breath softball; i was playing because I eat, sleep and breath inspiration. 

I will never stop working hard and lately I have realized that i am more of a coach than i am a player. "Those who cannot do, teach". I know softball inside and out, but am i the best? No. I have the mindset to be the best athlete I can be, but I've realized that i wasn't meant to be a star athlete, I was meant to help others catch their dreams and become the best that they can be. I can help my team do 90 things on the field, but i cannot do them myself. Like i said, "those who cannot do, teach". I am a motivator, I am an inspiration. A lot of people would have quit a sport that they fell out of love with, but working hard and overcoming obstacles with a team that becomes family is better than anything. 

Lately I feel like I haven't been able to motivate others. I live to motivate and to inspire everyone around me whether i know them or not... and I hate the fact that i feel like i haven't been able to reach out to the girls on my team now. We may not be a tight close team, but i would bend over backwards for any of them, even though they might not do the same for me. Some people tell me to just stop, to just stop motivating them and i feel like that was the worst advice i could have ever gotten. My voice is the most powerful tool I have, and whether or not it is heard it will never be shut. I may not be able to get through to majority of the team, but it only starts with one. I refuse to stop, I refuse to give up, I will not settle. 

I'm a senior in college and i have a list of A-Z of what i want to accomplish. I will not stop, I will not give up, I will not settle. This life is so limited and we need to realize that we are entitled to nothing, we are privileged and we need to be thankful. I woke up healthy and blessed with a roof over my head. If that doesn't motivate you to do something with your life, then nothing will. Today is the last October 8th, 2013 of your life... What are you going to do to make it count? 


"Family comes first, second, and third... your team should be considered family" -BuddhaBlog


I will not stop
I will not give up
I will not settle
And neither should you 






No comments:

Post a Comment