Thursday, August 29, 2013

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, 
joy follows like a shadow that never leaves" -Buddha 
 
 
 
 Start you're day by looking in the mirror and telling yourself that you will be 
successful, tell yourself that you're beautiful, strong, smart and most of all, 
believe it. It sounds silly right, talking to yourself through a mirror but you 
have to be willing to get uncomfortable to make a change in your life. Once you 
start believing what you say to yourself that's when it'll truly come out.

I used to look in the mirror somedays and call myself ugly, I didn't like how 
lazy I was and I was disgusted at who I was becoming. But that changed, that's 
the old me and I'll never regret who I was because you learn from everything you 
do in this life, good or bad. Buddha said it correctly "we are shaped by our 
thoughts..." If you want to be successful in this life it takes action but it 
also takes a mental toughness that no one realizes. You must be strong 
physically, emotionally and mentally. You're mind is a tool that can make or 
break you, you must keep it positive and strong and you'll become unstoppable. 
Happy thoughts generate a happy life.

My coach used to make us listen to a man named Jon Gordon speak online before 
practices and games. He's a motivational speaker and a writer and his words 
inspire me to be the best I can be while helping others be the best they can be. 
I woke up this morning and I read a quote by him saying "the only person who can 
limit your possibilities, is you". It doesn't get more real than that quote. 
This world is full of possibilities waiting for you to go get them. It isn't 
about waiting for good things to come into your life, it's about creating the 
great things. Jon Gordon inspires me, and I hope I can inspire all of you as 
well. This life is limitless, you just have to be willing to wake up, look in 
the mirror, tell yourself that anything is possible then go out there and make 
it possible. Never give up. 
 
 
On Tuesday when i released my first post Stevie Rodriguez commented and said a quote
that inspired him was by Henry Ward Beecher and he said "Men's best successes comes 
after their disappointments". 

Start reading quotes each morning and continue to follow me and we can inspire 
each other. Comment with a quote you started you're day with that made a 
difference and a story about how it motivated you and I'll feature you in a 
post
 
"Tomorrow doesn't happen for everyone, if you're lucky enough to open your eyes 
and see the sunlight for another day, get up, get motivated and never stop 
working hard for what you want in this life" 
-buddhablog

2 comments:

  1. I never actually thought that quotes can actually motivate me until you gave me the idea. It's definitely a different approach and I lOVE IT!!!!!! Also, I do agree with you, our minds are so powerful and it can either make us or break us and we DO need to learn to stay strong in all aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words are so powerful to me and i believe if you start your day with a quote that brings a smile to your face and motivation to your heart, anything is possible

    ReplyDelete